Disney+ is a brand new streaming service which is set to rival others like Netflix, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. It will be the home to all things Disney which now includes Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, Fox properties (due to the recent merger) and much more. Disney+ has been in the works for a while now but it’s now just a round the corner. So here’s what to expect:
- Launches on the 12th November and is set to rolling out to every major region within 2 years.
- Within the first year of launching it will contain more than 25 original series and 10 original movies, documentaries and specials by some of ‘the most creative storytellers’.
- A total of 7500 and 500 movies from the first year of launch.
- Costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 for a whole year.
- All content is ad-free and downloadable so you can watch on the go.
- Available on pretty much all devices. Including Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PS4.
- Every MCU, Pixar, Star Wars movie will be eventually available to stream with Captain Marvel available to watch from the day it launches.
- New Marvel, Star Wars and Disney TV Series available: Including Mandalorian series directed by Jon Favreua and MCU series following characters such as Loki, Vision and Scarlett Witch, Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
- New Disney Plus original movies including a live-action Lady and the Tramp, a new Phineas and Ferb movie and Anna Kendrick’s Noelle movie, plus plenty more in development.
- It will be the new home to The Simpson’s with first 30 seasons set to be available to stream from launch.
- National Geographic Movies and Shows to be available to stream including one titled The World According to Jeff Goldblum.
- All the classic Disney animated movies will be available to stream.
- Plenty more original content on the way with many movies and TV series still yet to be announced.
That’s the majority of the information we have on Disney+ right now, plenty more will be revealed soon and we’ll make sure to keep you updated. As far as we’re concerned Disney can take all our money because this looks amazing. It’s likely going to be an extremely big rival to other streaming platforms such as Netflix, meaning the world of online streaming is about to get a LOT bigger.
– Find out more details of what Disney+ series to expect in our article from not so long ago.