Back in 2017 it was revealed that Square Enix and Marvel were teaming up to create an original Avengers game, that’s all we knew. Well 2 years later and now that’s all changed. The recent Square Enix E3 press conference has given us a trailer, release date and some juicy details at what to expect from the game going forward.
What’s the game about?
Marvel’s Avengers will follow the characters of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow and Hulk after the events of a deadly attack on ‘A-Day’, a celebration of the opening of the west-coast Avengers headquarters. Blamed for the tragedy and devastation, the Avengers are outlawed and forced to disband. The game then travels 5 years later in which a ‘horrific evil’ threatening man-kind forces the heroes to reassemble and fight back.
May 15th 2020 worldwide for PS4, XBOX, Google Stadia and PC.
More Confirmed Details:
- Some exclusives, benefits and early beta access for PS4.
- Impressive voice cast: Troy Baker as Bruce Banner, Jeff Schine as Captain America, Travis Willingham as Thor, Laura Bailey as Black Widow and Nolan North as Tony Stark.
- Completely separate story from the MCU.
- Hero’s can be customised and their skills mastered/unlocked throughout the course of the game.
- Nearly limitless customisation: Ability to combine original, fan favourite and classic outfits.
- Cinematic and character driven campaign.
- Will be both single player and multi-player co-op. (Up to 4 players)
- No random loot-boxes or ‘pay to win scenarios’.
- New content such as superheroes, regions will be added regularly after the games release and will cost NOTHING.
- Hank Pym will also be part of the game after a small clip of him was revealed at the end of the conference.
That is all we have on Marvel’s Avengers so far, the game is available to pre-order now which will also grant you beta access once that’s live. What are your thoughts on the Marvel’s Avengers game? Let us know down below!